Adele | 19th March 2016 | O2 Arena

This weekend was the best weekend of my life so far. I tend to say that a lot, but, this time, I genuinely mean it. I have finally found the inspiration that I have been looking for for the past 2 years.

I have spent two years looking for someone to be my "idol". I went through a long time where I had no one to aspire for or look up to. I didn't find quotes inspirational, I didn't find the news exciting or tragic. I was having a low point in my life which was weirdly some of the best memories. But now I found my aspiration and I feel like a better person for it, already.

On Saturday 19th March, my friend Maisie and I went on a trip up to London. We stayed in a Travelodge in Greenwich and had a big room, even though we had to share a bed! I was the happiest I had been in a very long time and I was also excited. However, the full excitement of what I was doing in the evening had not fully kicked in. I was still buzzing, though.

I did my hair and makeup and wore my favourite clothes, my high-waisted jeans, a loose shirt and my Topshop boots. I wore a bright pink lipstick (Clarins in Joli Rouge, I believe) and I felt more confident than ever.



At 6 o'clock in the evening, we caught the DLR (Docklands Light Railway) and got off at Canary Wharf. We jumped on the Jubilee line to North Greenwich, where we got off and walked out of the station to see a building that I had always wanted to go to and had never had the chance to go before. The O2 Arena. It was MASSIVE! It was a complete complex of restaurants, bowling alleys and a cinema. But we weren't there for that. We were there to see Adele. It had hit me. I was so excited and shaking from a mixture of excitement and hunger (nothing changes).



I bought an Adele tour t-shirt, which has her face on the front and the dates of the European tour on the back. I promptly changed into it and Maisie changed into hers, a t-shirt with eyes on the front, which replicated those at the beginning of the show.

We didn't get the chance to buy food before the beginning and, therefore, had to quickly buy some popcorn on a pop-up stand as we went into the arena.

Then there was a noise. The noise of wind or something fasts running past you. It was beginning.



The eyes opened at about 8 o'clock. As they opened, there was a whispered "Hello". This did it three times before the stage lit up and a section in the middle rose up to see Adele standing in the middle of it. We screamed our heads off and sang every song at the top of our voices.

The setlist was perfect and included a lot of her best songs. She chatted, brought people onto the stage, made us laugh and even forgot her words, which was funny!


It lasted about 2 and a bit hours and it was the best 2 and a bit hours of my life. It was gone before we knew it and soon we were on the packed tube, returning to the hotel.

I hope that, if you got tickets, you enjoy it because it is the best concert you will ever go to. If you didn't get tickets, then watch as many videos as you can because you will want to have gone!

I hope you enjoyed this little story as much as I enjoyed telling it!

Stay happy,
Katie xx

P.s. I am writing this listening to a playlist of every single Adele song!

No comments :

Post a Comment