My life is one big 'lol' | Collab with Another Ranting Reader

My life is one big LOL. I fall over thin air and stumble over the simplest of sentences. I make a fool of myself in front of anyone who I really really don’t want to be seen as a fool by. I laugh at most things, loudly and unashamedly. But then again it won’t take much for heavy tear droplets to start cascading down my face.

I am a klutz - for sure I am. But that shouldn’t be all I am. I shouldn’t let that simple fact consume my very being. I have much more to live for than knowing that I’ll probably trip over as I walk up the stairs or whack my side on the same bit of table every time I walk past it. 

I shouldn't let the knowledge that I am going to fall over or bash myself take over my abilities because there is much more to me than that. I am taller, stronger, more able than that. I have weaknesses, of course, which is why everyday, we say the word 'lol' about our life when we do something wrong, but inside, a lot of the time, we are crumpling inside, but others don't know. 

And that is when confidence comes into it. If we are confident, we brush it under the carpet, pretend it is okay and move on. If we are less confident, we may think differently. If we do something wrong, we hide in a red faced heap in our arms, cry, maybe. 

But you can overcome that. You just have to know how. Some are lucky, some are not. But by saying that your life is one big 'lol', you are hiding things about you. Don't hide yourself, be yourself. Because you are more than that. You are much more than that.


This is a collaboration with Another Ranting Reader and you can view her post here. She has a great blog and I recommend it! We both write these posts together and it was a lot of fun!

Stay happy,
Katie

No comments :

Post a Comment